“Today, I ask you to be be a positive force for change. Here are the facts and links to enable your success:
- The U.S. is estimated to have lost close to 15 million STEM jobs in the recent past through outsourcing to foreign lands and millions more to foreign visa holders working legally within the U.S.
- In addition, U.S. wages of America’s educated middle class continue to stagnate, a direct result of legal immigration and off-shoring.
- The once diverse tech workforces comprised of women, minorities, and workers of all ages has been replaced in large measure by young, male, foreign laborers, who are not “highly skilled,” nor better qualified than Americans to hold STEM jobs.
- The Department of Labor’s Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) web site provides evidence to the magnitude and types of STEM jobs exiting the U.S. and typically requiring U.S. citizens to train their foreign replacements. Sometimes, in fact, flying Americans to India, China, Costa Rica, Mexico, Brazil, Ireland, Poland, Singapore or the Philippines to provide “knowledge transfer.”
- American Universities are educating more foreign students than ever before, taking valuable spots from residents and citizens at our best high schools and best universities. Not only are foreign students driving U.S. peers out of the STEM majors, U.S. educated foreign students are pushing American children out of jobs —denying our next generation access and opportunity to achieve the American Dream”.